Goshen Township Historical Society
News, updates and links to more area historic preservation organizations
One of the most famous figures in modern architecture, FLW continues to inspire, delight, and challenge architecture enthusiasts. Explore Wright's influence on the field and the role that historic preservation plays in his legacy.
Stay-cation (History) Day Trips
Take a day to visit these nearby historic sites.
- Ft. Ancient A museum and beautiful natural surroundings highlight this historic Native American site. Dating back 2000 years, the site is comprised of several ceremonial mounds and about 18,000 feet of earthen wall, portions of which were used with the moon and sun as a calendar. Located in Oregonia OH.
- White Hall 1860's Italianate mansion boasting over 10,000 sq ft, located in Richmond KY.
- Piatt Castles, West Liberty OH. French chateau style castles Mac-A-Cheek and Mac-O-Chee built by the Piatt brothers Abram and Donn. These unique structures have become a private, family-owned museum that interprets over 200 years of history of the Ohio land and Ohio people.
- Columbus, IN Some of the most enduring names in art and architecture have worked in this unexpected, unforgettable community, which combines the charm of Mayberry with impressive community venues and events.
- Heritage Village Museum in Sharon Woods, Cincinnati OH. A recreated 1800s community, comprised of 13 historic buildings from around the Cincinnati area, moved here to save them from destruction.